Mercedes is an associate in our Buenos Aires office. Before joining Dechamps International Law, she worked as a judicial fellow for the Honorable Judge G. Lebovits in the New York State Supreme Court and as a Legal Intern in the Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations in New York.
- Representing an Argentine company in an arbitration under the ICC Rules against a Dutch company concerning disputes related to fraudulent behavior within the framework of a share sale and purchase agreement (New York law). The arbitration is ongoing.
- Representing Romania in an ICSID arbitration initiated by Fin.Doc S.r.l. and others (ICSID Case No. ARB/20/35) under the Energy Charter Treaty. Claim related to measures taken by Romania in the renewable energy sector. The amount in dispute is confidential. The arbitration is ongoing.
- Representing The Lopez-Goyne Family Trust and others in an ICSID arbitration against Nicaragua (ICSID Case No. ARB/17/44) under the DR-CAFTA. Claim related to measures taken by Nicaragua that affected the claimants’ rights under an oil concession agreement. The amount in dispute is confidential. The arbitration is ongoing.
- Representing a British Virgin Islands company in an arbitration under the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules concerning a derivative suit between the shareholders of the company. The arbitration is ongoing.
- Case Report CMC v. Mozambique (ICSID Case No. ARB/17/23), Transnational Dispute Management – International Arbitration Case Law, November 2020.
- The Legal Writer’s Silver Bullet, New York Law Journal, Nov. 27, 2020, at 5, col. 4., co-published with Judge G. Lebovits.
- Guide on the United States Constitution, Tulane University Law School Library website, 2020.